Guidance, advice and support
- Information and support point Tiltti is a place to get information, advice and support for gambling problems. It offers peer and professional support for problem gamblers and their familiars.
- Tiltti is a part of the Gambling Clinic and it is located in Helsinki.
- You can drop by during Tiltti’s “Open house” -hours (Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 3 pm to 6 pm). This means that gamblers or their loved ones can see each other spontaneously in cosy café & social space.
- See more: www.tiltti.fi
Gamblers Anonymous (GA) groups
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.
- In many cities, you can take part in Gamblers Anonymous groups for gambling addicts. In the GA group, you can talk about your problem with other gambling addicts and receive support from them. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop gambling. The meetings are held in Finnish. Brochures are also available in English and Swedish. A Finnish helpline is available at 040 810 9161 every day between 4 pm and 9 pm.
- Web site: www.gamblersanonymous.org
Pelirajat’on peer groups
- Nationwide peer support groups for problem gamblers and their loved ones. It is easy to attend the Pelirajat’on groups and in them you can share experiences and get support from others who have been in the same situation. The group leaders are people who have personal experience of gambling problems.
- Web site: www.pelirajaton.fi
The Addiction Link
- The multi-language Addiction Link online service contains a large variety of information on gambling problems as well as a discussion forum for gambling addicts and family members in Finnish.
- Web site: http://www.paihdelinkki.fi/foreigner-info
In case you feel the need to talk about different problems that gambling has caused you: You can contact social services or your local parish.
- Gambling Clinic specializes in gambling issues. It is located in Helsinki.
- The clinic offers outpatient treatment. If you are over 18 years old and live permanently in Helsinki or Vantaa, you can get outpatient treatment services free-of-charge at the Gambling Clinic. Customer service number is 040 152 3918. It’s open from Mondays till Fridays between 11 am and 1 pm.
- Web site: www.peliklinikka.fi/peliklinikka/peliklinikka/in_english
Kuopio Crisis Centre
- Kuopio Crisis Centre offers confidential professional help and peer support to players and their families. It is located in Eastern Finland, Kuopio. When needed, the Crisis Centre will arrange an interpreter for a meeting. Some of the staff at the Crisis Centre are also able to have discussions in English as well as in Finnish.
- Web site: www.kuopionkriisikeskus.fi/5
- Sovatek Foundation is a professional organization of psychosocial rehabilitation and cooperation. Foundation is located in Central Finland, Jyväskylä.
- Web site: http://www.sovatek.fi/ongelmapelaajat.html
- A-clinics offer professional assistance with substance abuse that is assosiated with physical, psychological and social problems.
- Web site: https://www.a-klinikka.fi/in-english
- A-clinics in Finland: https://www.a-klinikka.fi/henkiloasiakkaille/apua-paihde-ja-mielenterveysongelmiin/avohoitoklinikat
Psychiatric Outpatient Clinics
- Municipal services for psychiatric problems.
- Municipal services for health problems.
Rehabilitation and intensive treatment
Tuustaipale Rehabilitation Centre
- Individual rehabilitation, detoxification and intensive courses for women and men for whom gambling has caused difficulties in their social relationships and economic situation. Tuustaipale Rehabilitation Centre is located in Eastern Finland, Mäntyharju.
- Web site: www.tuustaipale.fi
Järvenpää Addiction Hospital
- Järvenpää Addiction Hospital is the only hospital in Finland specialized in treatment of substance abuse problems. The hospital provides treatment services nationwide. The multidisciplinary treatment is based on medical care, on principles of community treatment and cognitive-behavioral methods. Järvenpää Addiction Hospital is located in Southern Finland, Järvenpää.
- Web site: http://toimipaikka.a-klinikka.fi/jarvenpaa/node/english
Financial and debt advice
Municipal financial and debt advice
- The money and debt adviser can give you information about dealing with personal money matters and debts. The money and debt adviser service is a free municipal service. The advisers also help people with debt settlements if they are too deeply in debt.
- Web site: http://www2.kuluttajavirasto.fi/en-GB/financial-and-debt-advice/
- Search your municipal advicer: http://www.kuluttajavirasto.fi/Page/cb432b49-fde9-4de1-af9d-9cc5871fd040.aspx
- Guarantee Foundation is a national social organisation which assists private persons struggling with a financial crisis in solving their debt and payment problems.The objective is to improve management of personal finances and promote independent coping in the society.
- Phone number: 0800 9 8009, Monday to Friday at 10-14 (free)
- Web site: http://www.takuu-saatio.fi/en/