Peluuris mission and target groups
Peluuri prevents and reduces the social, financial and health-related problems caused by gambling. Our mission is carried out by producing support and counselling services and by producing information on problem gambling and how to prevent and treat it.
- The target groups for Peluuri’s services are gamblers, their significant others and professionals who come across people with gambling problems in their work.
- The work focuses on the harms of gambling, but Peluuri’s services are also available to digital gamers and their close ones.
- Peluuri’s services are available nationally and they are free of charge for the user.
- The service is financed by the Finnish gaming operator Veikkaus Oy. The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health is responsible for the operational assessment.
- Peluuri has been in operation since 2004.