How to gamble less?
Do you feel that you gamble too much? Try the following tips to avoid gambling. Seek help if you can’t do without gambling. You can call or chat to us. Peluuri's helpline is open every weekday from 12 noon to 6 pm. Peluuri's chat is open mon, wed, fri from 12 noon to 3 pm. Our services are free and confidential and in English if possible.
What to do beforehand to avoid gambling?
- Decide beforehand how much money you will spend on gambling. In order to not exceed the amount, do not carry extra money with you and leave all your credit cards home.
- Decide beforehand how much time you will spend on gambling. There is more to life than just gambling. Go out and meet your friends, or try to make new friends.
- Keep your promises. Don’t break them just because you want to continue to gamble.
- Remember that the odds are always againts the gambler! The chances of losing are always bigger than those of winning. The gaming companies will always win in the end. Keep count of your losses. No system can guarantee winning.
The longer you gamble the more you will probably lose
If you win, stop gambling.
Don’t try to chase your losses.
Don’t borrow money to keep on gambling.
Avoid places with slot machines.
Voluntary self-exlucion is an effective tool
- If you can’t do that on your own, get a voluntary self-exclusion from your gaming venue.
- Close gaming websites on your computer. Check GamBlock, it will indeed save you more money than the price of purchase.
- If you can’t make it by yourself, call our helpline or a friend. Try to get help
- Are you nervous, feeling sick and in distress when not gambling? You should change your gambling habits right away. Otherwise you can become addicted to gambling.
- Make a list of reasons why you should not gamble and look at it when you feel an urge to play.