Local face-to-face services in Finland
If you or your significant other gamble too much, it is adviceable to seek help. There are professional services an peer support specialised in gambling problems. If you like to discuss options, call or chat us. Peluuri's helpline is open every weekday from 12 noon to 6 pm. Peluuri's chat is open mon, wed, fri from 12 noon to 3 pm. Our services are free and confidential and in English if possible.Call 0800100101
Local professional services for gambling problems
Gambling Clinic in Helsinki
- Gambling Clinic specialises in gambling issues.
- The clinic offers outpatient treatment. If you are over 18 years old and live permanently in Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa or Kauniainen, you can get outpatient treatment services free-of-charge at the Gambling Clinic. Customer service number is 040 152 3918. It’s open from Mondays till Fridays between 12 noon and 14 pm.
Kuopio Crisis Centre
- Kuopio Crisis Centre offers confidential professional help and peer support to players and their families. It is located in Eastern Finland, Kuopio. When needed, the Crisis Centre will arrange an interpreter for a meeting. Some of the staff at the Crisis Centre are also able to have discussions in English as well as in Finnish.
- Sovatek Foundation is a professional organization of psychosocial rehabilitation and cooperation. Foundation is located in Central Finland, Jyväskylä.
- A-clinics offer professional assistance with substance abuse that is assosiated with physical, psychological and social problems.
Psychiatric Outpatient Clinics
- Municipal services for psychiatric problems.
- Municipal services for health problems.
The Addiction Link
- The multi-language Addiction Link online service contains a large variety of information on gambling problems as well as a discussion forum for gambling addicts and family members in Finnish
Social Services and Local parishes
In case you feel the need to talk about different problems that gambling has caused you, please contact social services or your local parish.
Peer support for gambling problems
Peer support groups for gamblers and significant others
Tiltti for gamblers and SOF's in Helsinki
Information and support point Tiltti is a place to get information, advice and support for gambling problems. It offers peer and professional support for problem gamblers and their SOF's. Tiltti is located in Gambling Clinic. You can drop by during Tiltti’s “Open house” -hoursTo Tiltti
Pelirajat’on peer groups for gamlers and SOF's
Nationwide peer support groups for problem gamblers and their loved ones. In peer groups you can share your experiences, thoughts and feelings and get support from others who have been in the same situation. The group leaders have personal experience of gambling problems.Pelirajat'on
Gamblers Anonymous GA for gamblers
Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. Meetings also in Finland.Gamblers Anonymous
Järvenpää Addiction Hospital
- Järvenpää Addiction Hospital is the only hospital in Finland specialised in treatment of substance abuse problems.
- The hospital provides treatment services nationwide.
- The multidisciplinary treatment is based on medical care, on principles of community treatment and cognitive-behavioral methods.
- Järvenpää Addiction Hospital is located in Southern Finland, Järvenpää.